Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Living with HIV/AIDS has taught me afew things

My names is Julia Kamara. I woud like to share my experience of living with HIV/AIDS and encourage people living with it 

I started treatment in June 2009 with a CD4 count of one (a normal CD4 count ranges from 500 to 1500 cells per cubic millimeter of blood)and low haemoglobin of 10mgl (normal values in an adult are 12 to 18 grammes per 100 milliliters of blood). 

So the doctors put me off food supplements and told me to concentrate on ARVs. After six month, in December 2009, I had to do another CD4 count and this time it had improved from 1 to 139. My doctor was impressed and said I was on the right track. 

He kept on monitoring me and treating all kinds of attacks like candida, sore throat, fever

Read More

No comments: